I feel privileged to visit MWC 2017 (27 Feb 2017 to 02 Mar 2017) and explore people and technology. In this blog, I will draft my Key learning and takeaways
What is MWC
- The GSMA Mobile World Congress (MWC) is a composition of the world’s largest exhibition for the mobile industry and featuring key executives representing mobile operators, device manufacturers, technology providers, vendors and content owners from across the globe
- The Mobile World Congress(MWC) takes place every spring in Fira de Barcelona exhibition centre and brings together some of the world’s most prominent technology companies to showcase their latest innovations
- The event spanned nine halls and eleven outdoor spaces at Fira de Barcelona. Everything from connected cars, virtual reality, IoT, new handsets and ingenious app ideas, to 3D printing, privacy protection and backend solutions were on display
Key Learnings and Takeaways
- 5G was one of the centre of attention for the event, as some exhibitors said that potential 5G networks would reduce latency, and consequently massively improve speed of operation (e.g. Autonomous vehicles)
- In year 2017 it’s clear that 5G is the dominant active trend with service providers announcing their plans for the next generation of cellular wireless data technology to leverage fast connectivity
- Connected devices and the internet of things (IoT) was a critically massive part of MWC this year – starting from self-driving cars to voice assistants and everything in between
- Connected and driverless cars are already there, every tech exhibition is showcasing power of connected, autonomous or electric cars
- MWC 2017 was no different, with cars from manufacturers including Daimler, Ford, Jaguar and Peugeot on showcase
- IoT technologies are driving a lot of these innovations. The Mobile World Congress clearly highlighted the continued action of IoT devices. Because of this, businesses must adapt to take them into account either on their current product and service lines . Big data and IoT benefit from machine learning
- The Nokia 3310 is a Nokia-branded mobile phone. It was announced on 26 February 2017 at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017 in Barcelona, Spain, as a remake of the iconic original Nokia 3310
- AI and ML stream already taken big leap in terms of predictive analytics, bots. MWC was full of discussion about voice assistants and artificial intelligence (AI) initiatives. Telco giant Telefonica launched its AI Aura product, which users can interface with if they have questions about the network and associated services, allowing users to control how much data and information is shared.
It was amazing experience to visit MWC 2017. Next year MWC 2018 will be taking place in between 26 February to 1 March, 2018, in the Mobile World Capital Barcelona
I have been doing public speaking in my professional life. In this article I will draft my real experience while doing public speaking
Speech is the best gift to the human society. Being social creates the ability to communicate with the world. It enables us to express our emotions and thoughts, share our ideas and develop new relationships with people for professional and personal success.
Following are the top motivations for public speaking
Improves your presentation skills
- When you speak consistently, especially in front of an audience, it helps you enhance your presentation skills.
- Today, professionals are required to give presentations in the form of business strategy. This helps for your business
- You can only speak well if you are a good researcher, thinker and also a great analyst.
- You become more detail-oriented.
You will be better listener
- Listening may be a lost art, but a public speaking forum actually makes you to become a better listener.
- In the public speaking forum, you’ll hear several different kinds of questions / suggestions / critics about a wide variety of topics from people who may be very different from you.
- And while the instruction you’ll receive about being an active listener will help you do things like take better decisions, the real benefits of being a better listener are relational.
- When you are public speaker at forum, you will suddenly find that everyone wants to speak with you.
- This is of course a brilliant opportunity for making friends, building business.
- Not only this, but you also get the opportunity to interact with other speakers, some of them may be very challenging to contact.
It helps for developing courage
- It does takes courage (at least for first) to stand up on the stage and speak in public forum
- By facing your fear, you can learn to face and overcome even worst situations, becoming courageous person.
You realise you are story teller
- This is unique benefit I received from public speaking, you will realise that you can engage your audience by story telling
- The best speakers often utilise story telling as a powerful tool for demonstrating important message. It’s one of the best ways to be recognised
So next time you if you receive public speaking opportunity just do it
In this article I will discuss about World Beyond Email – Speak Ample and Write Less. In our professional and personal life lot of things directly or indirectly boils down to communication
I will explain how you can easily adopt habit of Speaking directly ( through variety of mediums ) rather than long email trails and achieve quick turnaround
What is mean by World Beyond Email – Speak Ample and Write Less
- Very simple, we need speak as much as possible and use email for confirmation or agreement or summary
- This applies to internal or external stakeholders
Why Speak Ample
- Face to Face communication is highest bandwidth communication
- We can easily sense body language and gestures to get things done
- How many times has an email been misunderstood or ignored ? Face to face communication minimize the risk of miscommunication compared to email
- If we are doing work in different regions we can have phone call or video call
- Once we are done with above ways then we can use email for summary only
Hope this helps
This article is very special and indeed very special because I will be going to discuss regarding Travelling in life and its impact on our overall personal and professional life
What is this all about
- The name of the article is “Travelling – The Fruit of Diversity”. Meaning of Diversity is opposite and flip side which you never experienced or its new
- Once we travel we enjoy the fruit of diversity in terms of change
- Traveling provides us the opportunity to disconnect from our regular life and break out of your shell
- Traveling helps to increases our knowledge and widens our perspective
- With new experiences increase our resourcefulness
- Because of travelling you will find new purpose
- You will appreciate your home even more
- You will realize how little you actually knew about the world
- Travelling realizes that it’s extremely easy to make friends
- Travelling realizes life is a wonderful gift
If you travel more you will come across more Diversity
Diversity brings change and change brings new things
Hope this helps