I have been doing public speaking in my professional life. In this article I will draft my real experience while doing public speaking
Speech is the best gift to the human society. Being social creates the ability to communicate with the world. It enables us to express our emotions and thoughts, share our ideas and develop new relationships with people for professional and personal success.
Following are the top motivations for public speaking
Improves your presentation skills
- When you speak consistently, especially in front of an audience, it helps you enhance your presentation skills.
- Today, professionals are required to give presentations in the form of business strategy. This helps for your business
- You can only speak well if you are a good researcher, thinker and also a great analyst.
- You become more detail-oriented.
You will be better listener
- Listening may be a lost art, but a public speaking forum actually makes you to become a better listener.
- In the public speaking forum, you’ll hear several different kinds of questions / suggestions / critics about a wide variety of topics from people who may be very different from you.
- And while the instruction you’ll receive about being an active listener will help you do things like take better decisions, the real benefits of being a better listener are relational.
- When you are public speaker at forum, you will suddenly find that everyone wants to speak with you.
- This is of course a brilliant opportunity for making friends, building business.
- Not only this, but you also get the opportunity to interact with other speakers, some of them may be very challenging to contact.
It helps for developing courage
- It does takes courage (at least for first) to stand up on the stage and speak in public forum
- By facing your fear, you can learn to face and overcome even worst situations, becoming courageous person.
You realise you are story teller
- This is unique benefit I received from public speaking, you will realise that you can engage your audience by story telling
- The best speakers often utilise story telling as a powerful tool for demonstrating important message. It’s one of the best ways to be recognised
So next time you if you receive public speaking opportunity just do it